While we aim to avoid any “out of capacity” errors, logistics and variations in demand can sometimes result in an inventory problem. We offer a few options to help customers in this situation:
- Talk to Us - If you know you have an upcoming need for capacity, please be in touch with us via email@example.com. We can help to advise you about the capacity situation, and work with you to help ensure a successful experience.
- Commitment - If you have regular usage demands but are worried about price, we can discuss custom rates in exchange for commitments as part of a “mix” for your infrastructure portfolio.
- Capacity API Endpoint - While we don’t disclose the exact number of servers available at each location, you can query the capacity endpoint on our Packet API to get a status on each server type per facility.
Upon sending a GET request to /capacity, it will return a list of facilities and plans with their current capacity level. Capacity level response may be either of the following:
- Normal - There’s plenty of servers available.
- Limited - Yeah, there are limited servers better yet grab them before they run out!
- Unavailable - Uh-oh! No more servers. Sorry about that! We’ll definitely add more but you may want to try other server plan or facility for now.