Packet offers three kinds of storage:
- Various local disks (SSD's and NVMe Flash) on each server config.
- A s1.large server is a focused node (24 TB of SATA w/ SSD's for cache).
- A multi-tenant elastic block storage service.
A Bit More About Block Storage
When you need persistent storage, with built-in replication and snapshots, our block storage product is a very useful tool. Currently available in our EWR1, SJC1, and AMS1 data centers. We will soon roll it out to NRT1.
Packet's Block Storage service has two performance tiers:
- Standard Tier ($0.000104/GB per hour) - With 500 IOPS per volume this is good for backups, dev/test and medium use datasets.
- Premium Tier ($0.000223/GB per hour) - With 15,000 IOPS per volume this is targeted at higher I/O heavy workloads.
Block storage is attached via iSCSI mount directly to individual servers. Are you ready to get started? Awesome! Follow our installation guide here.